Nat of READING ROMANCE and I have created a new online book club—ECLECTIC PASSIONS. We would love to have you join us.
Eclectic Passions Guidelines
Vote on the books you want to discuss and sign up for our meetings!
So what we're doing is: we'll have pools where members can vote for the books they'd like to read and discuss that month. Pools for the next month's book will be open during the club meeting and new members are welcome to register anytime!
You can participate by reviewing it, talking about what you liked and/or didn’t like, discussing the characters, a scene you liked, talking about the author, quoting a few lines etc. And if you haven’t read the book, you can talk about if you’d like to read or not, your opinion of the book based on the blurb, or something like that. As long as it relates to the book, it’s very welcomed!
We'll be using skype for our chat meetings- no worries, they won't be video or audio chats! Instructions will be sent via email with instructions.
Members that register and participate every month will be entered into a giveaway to win the NEXT book of the month!
The romance sub genres we will be reading are: historical, paranormal, contemporay, urban fantasy, erotica, fantasy, time travel, futuristic and steampunk.
· Chats will be at the time and time that is most convenient for most readers! They will be 2 yours long.
· On the day before the chat, we will email all participants with the skype instructions, so please remember to let me have your email address one way or another.
· After we've added you to the chatroom, sign into skype on the designated time, and chat away!
1. Please play nice. Be respectful to each other, and no personal insults to others or to their opinions.
2. No SHOUTING. Using all CAPITAL LETTERS is considered shouting and is rude.
3. Please stay on topic at all times. There’s plenty of time for you to socialize outside of the book chats. Don’t even talk about other books unless they relate to the current book being discussed.
4. It will be helpful and make your discussions more satisfying if you prepared a short list of things that stood out to you in the book and that you want to talk about.
5. Don’t be afraid to share. This is what the book chat is for, we want to know how the book affected you and what you got out of it.
6. Have fun! Enjoy the chats!
This Eclectic Passions has decided to debut our book cub at the end of August. We have chosen author Eileen Dreyer and her DRAKE Rakes to kick us off!
BARLEY A LADY (The Drake's Rakes #1) by Eileen Dreyer
NEVER A GENTLEMEN (The Drake's Rakes #2) by Eileen Dreyer
ALWAYS A TEMPTRESS (The Drake's Rakes #3) by Eileen Dreyer
The live chat is broken into two parts.
The first our is book club chat where we will discuss the book of the month:
The second and final our we will have New York Times bestselling
author Eileen dropping in to chat about her delicious Drake's Rakes.
You do not want to miss it.
New York Times best-selling author Eileen Dreyer has won five RITA Awards from the Romance Writers of America, which secures her fourth place in the Romance Writers of America prestigious Hall of Fame. Eileen is an addicted traveler, having sung in some of the best Irish pubs in the world. Eileen also writes as Kathleen Korbel and has over three million books in print worldwide. Born and raised in
she lives in
with her husband Rick and her two children. To learn more about this fabulous author please check out her website at www.eileendreyer.com St. Louis County
SIGN UP BELOW TO PARTICIPATE